Gilberto is a dynamic, innovative professional with 16+ years of software industry experience. Possesses strong comprehension of server technologies and principles, code quality and maintenance, software package deployment and batch data processing. Now seeking a role as technical leader in large-scale systems. Throughout his career, Gilberto has focused on creating tools for other developers and optimizing existing processes to improve productivity and reduce human errors. He has written several Java frameworks from scratch, large and complex relational databases with heavy reporting capabilities, a number of parallel batch processes for hundreds of millions of records, and several complex UI in technologies ranging from the old VB 6 to the modern reactive frameworks like React and Vue. Gilberto is an expert in Strategic Planning, Analytical Thinking, Communication (English, Spanish), Attention to Detail, Relationship Building, Change Agent, Testing, Compliance, Organizational Skills, Multitasking, Time Management, Prioritization, System Design, Software Architecture, Software Development
GitHub: https://github.com/gilbvaHire Gilberto
* Supported the development of the new version of the company’s main product by implementing a fully tested back-end REST server using C#, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, and SQL Server.
* Increased time to production and development productivity by implementing a fully automated continuous integration and delivery using Azure DevOp
* Created a new service on Google Cloud Platform using NodeJs, React, MySQL & Docker that boosted the productivity of the marketing team by locating VIP customers from the sales database of a local movie theater operator.
* Designed a new database to optimize the process used by the accounting department to find effective sales for a local car dealership.
* Develop a Spring-like modular open-source Java framework used to create server applications with a heavy focus on type-safe decouple services https://github.com/gilbva/bridje.
* Designed the credit card fraud verification system that increased fraud identification by more than 25%.
* Planned the new web portal architecture using Java that enabled migration from PHP and resulted in an 80% reduction in server resource usage.
* Implemented a new user interface for the CRM system using Vaadin that maximized access to the information and boosted customer support productivity and effectiveness.
* Deployed a new continuous integration and delivery process using Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, CoreOS, and Docker.
* Develop the migration tool in Java that successfully moved the old database with hundreds of millions of records to a new version in less than a week witch allowed to make the switch to the new platform in two hours of downtime only.
* Improved the marketing campaigns module from a relational approach to a hierarchical model using XML that allowed a more dynamic and precise configuration and boosted the productivity of the marketing team.
Produced a web application using JavaEE, EJB, PrimeFaces, and GlassFish to track retail packages and delivery.
Implemented an web application for the sales team using JavaEE, EJB, PrimeFaces, and GlassFish that increased the organization of the sales force and offered more feedback to chief executives.