Result-driven, focused, hardworking IT professional with more than 5 years of experience combining software quality assurance, software testing, and database management expertise to streamline processes, increase productivity and deliver a high-quality product. Key skills include Database Administration, Database Development, Bug & Defect Tracking, Technical Documentation, Test Plans, Cases & Processes Design.
• Analyze the legacy impacted database(s) to understand the current design and entity-relationship
• Write custom SQL scripts for each impacted object to be migrated and ensure data integrity
• Develop admin-related Stored Procedures to aid with auto-generation/pull of new objects
• Use of SQL Server 3rd party tools from Redgate for day to day productivity
• Repository management using Git and Azure DevOps
• Run tests against cloned databases to capture any errors regarding developed scripts
• Follow-up scripts performance using Activity Monitor
• Follow-up with Developers regarding technical requirements and documentation
• Participate in weekly meetings to ensure all requirements are met
● Familiarity with SDLC, its models and best practices.
● Installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2012/2016 on Windows 2008/2012 servers.
● Executed periodic data loads and provided support for various mission critical web-based applications.
● Contribute to information management by applying expertise in backup, restore processes and user access.
● Orchestrated database patching and upgrades providing operational stability.
● Worked closely with Project Manager, Developers, and Testers to ensure the application meets business requirements.
● SQL scripts source tracking & control using TFS.
● Troubleshoot & fix database server-related issues when unexpected problems arose.
● Delivered components to meet project deadlines.
● Created and maintained documentation for DBA standards and procedures.
● Provide end-to-end database support to all teams and interface partners.
● Wrote T-SQL scripts and Stored Procedures to automate database administration.
● Perform basic project management skills to ensure successful planning and execution of all projects assigned.
● Carry out database performance monitoring and query optimization.
● Provided training to new hires.
● Designed and constructed user-friendly and requested data reports using SQL.
● Debugging, root-cause analysis and profiling using SQL Server Profiler and server logs.
● Support database functionalities by designing and coding utilities with the aid of cursors, loops and temporary tables.