Keith is a SharePoint & Microsoft 365 Consultant, Architect, and Developer with 11+ years of experience. He specializes in helping businesses prepare for SharePoint & Microsoft 365 implementation; tailor SharePoint & Microsoft 365 as a hub for systems integration, and create custom solutions, Apps, and workflows to drive value. Keith’s most recent project utilized his in-depth skills migrating and architecting SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint Online daily working in Scrum cadence with the BC Hydro team.Hire Keith
Tuomi Services Ltd. is one of a kind consulting services company with a unique blend of left and right-brain thinking. A focus on business strategy, user experience, and technology expertise help transform organizations like yours.
• Owned the technical aspects and ultimate success around specific solution and technology implementation projects, for Clients such as Booz Allen Hamilton, BC Hydro, the Royal Canadian Navy, Vancouver Island Health Authority, and The Salvation Army.
• As a trusted customer advocate, helped organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
• Worked on highly scalable applications through all development lifecycle phases (initial designs to production deployments).
• Developed and created test plans for software components using current industry tools and processes.
• Lead the design, engineering, and development of information technology solutions.
• Effectively researched and planned for emerging practices working on new Microsoft API and Microsoft platforms.
• Provided as needed technical consultation to consulting team and other staff at a technical level on all phases of project development cycles.
• Continually evaluated existing systems, solutions, and processes and provided ideas for improvement.
• Implemented and customized SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, workflow, and Enterprise Search.
• Helped review and provide technical feedback on detailed design and functional and technical specifications in developing SharePoint and Office 365 solutions.
• Performed troubleshooting of technical issues, root cause analysis, and issue remediation
• Was accountable for the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of solution development and architecture decisions
• Effectively self-managed and working from home/remotely on a full-time basis.
• Project: SharePoint 2013 > SharePoint Online Migration
• Technologies: SharePoint 2010, 2013 & SPO
• Architected and implemented migration from SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint Online
• Responsible for all aspects of migration planning &execution using ShareGate as a primary migration tool
• Worked in a daily scrum cadence with BC Hydro team to communicate and deliver for each business unit specific requirements
• Project: Canadian Navy SharePoint Enhancements Technologies: SharePoint 2010 & 2016
• Provided ongoing architectural & development consultation
• Jointly involved with the integration and synchronization of SharePoint list data with external Oracle database tables
• Followed Agile software development practices utilizing SCRUM techniques, using Atlassian Confluence and Jira
• Created system and application support documentation
• Project: Intranet.Viha.ca SharePoint Migration Technologies: SharePoint 2007 & 2016
• Provided analysis and recommendations for pre-upgrade technical, content clean-up efforts as part of overall SharePoint 2007 to 2016 upgrade
• Performed migration of Intranet.viha.ca to Dev, UAT, and Production environments using native Microsoft and ShareGate tools
• Remediated server-side and front-end code issues
• Liaised with VIHA IMIT staff to coordinate UserAcceptance and quality control testing
• Project: Hydroweb Intranet Optimization and Upgrade Technologies: SharePoint 2010 & 2016
• Provided analysis and recommendations for pre-upgrade technical & content clean-up efforts as part of overall SharePoint 2013 to 2016 upgrade
• Provided strategic and tactical advice for improving the quality of this platform as BC Hydro’s main internal staff intranet and communications platform
• Liaised with core Hydroweb administrative team to craft upgrade change control plan for the 80+ Content Owners and 400+ Web Author staff involved in day-to-day content & document management activities
• Project: Queen Alexandra Children’s Hospital Equipment Loan Service Database Technologies: SharePoint 2013, Nintex Workflow, Nintex Forms
• Architected and developed SharePoint-based inventory system for tracking 4000+ equipment items used in
children’s physiotherapy and rehabilitation, ranging from electric wheelchairs to therapeutic toys
• Gathered requirements, designed, developed, and provided support for the QA ELS system
• Ran user-story based research workshops with the 11Physiotherapists who are the primary stakeholders in the system
• System successfully replaced legacy web-based system provided by the Canadian Red Cross, addressing numerous deficiencies in usability, accessibility, and reliability
• Project: SharePoint On-Premise to Office 365 MigrationTechnologies: SharePoint Online
• Created file share and SharePoint on-premise migration planning for this Union of public employees, which is the largest labor union in BC and Canada.
• Designed information architecture for improved classification and searchability of this Unions 9000+documents, which date back to 1976
• Developed taxonomy/metadata approach to allow staff to easily classify and find documents
• Implemented information security plan for and securely administered highly sensitive documents containing personal information, HR matters, and Union Grievances
Our approach is centered on working in partnership with you to deliver results.
You’ll love the way we work. Together.
Our team includes award-winning visionaries, published authors, designers, technologists, and strategists. Our culture is really important to us and we feature an energetic environment where people strive to create the best work of their lives.
For more information, visit our website at www.2toLead.com, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @2toLead.
Project: SharePoint 2007 to Office 365 “Zone” IntranetMigration & RedesignTechnologies: SharePoint Online, Office 365
• Designed IA, Content Types, site & page structure, and page components for next-generation of BAH intranet
• Advised on the integration of Yammer, Delve, and the Office Graph into the enterprise
• Delivered productivity and engagement enhancements to Zone as outcomes of user experience workshops
• Project outcome resulted in a MicrosoftCustomer Success story which was further spotlighted when referenced by Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella during SharePoint 2016 launch
Project: “Process Compass” Project ManagementSystemTechnologies: SharePoint Online, Office 365
• Lead SharePoint/Office 365 Consultant, working with the BAH Systems Delivery team to architect & develop a project & process management system hosted on the firm’s Zone Office 365 SharePoint intranet. Process Compass forms the active hub of the BAH Agile Development initiative and allows engineering and compliance teams to publish high-level, taxonomy-driven, CMMI 5-compliant process plans.
• Developed a subset system of forms &workflows, Project Defined Processes (PDP), which allows Project Managers’ to spawn their own SharePoint sites based on custom-tailored versions of the core organizational project/process plans. When updates to processes are issued at the organizational levelPDP owners can optionally apply item-level updates to their own tailored plans, allowing maximum flexibility and change control.
Project: International Development Research Council www.idrc.ca / SharePoint 2010 to Azure-hosted Open Source Website Migration
• Evaluated extensive custom code solution and infrastructure of legacy www.idrc.ca SharePoint 2010 public web system
• Architected and configured new Azure cloud-hosted infrastructure to support the migration to a highly-available open source CMS system, hosted in the new Canadian Azure data centers and in conformance with Canadian Federal Government privacy and data homing regulations
• Project resulted in a Microsoft Customer Success Story, highlighting the ability of open-source software to be leveraged on top of the Azure platform
Project: SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2013 Website Migration &Redesign Technologies: SharePoint, MS SQL, Windows Server 2012 R2
Further achievements and accomplishments at FCV:
• Acted in the managerial role of Technology Lead Team for SharePoint, leading & coordinating SharePoint resources amidst a larger development team of 30 .NET and Open Source developers
• Initiated and fostered the agency’s status as Microsoft Partner, increasing internal and client-facing adoption of Microsoft technologies
• Developed Azure-hosted tool for acquisition, analysis & action of RFPs to aid business development in acquiring new business
• Advised and mentored the firm’s internal rollout of Office 365 and SharePoint Online
Project: BC Ferries www.bcferries.com / eFleet SMS Safety System
• Revamped manual methods for updating crucial policies and procedures
• Safeguarded passengers and crew through up-to-date, accessible safety information based on a C# & SharePoint custom solution
• Eliminated the equivalent amount of paper annually, that when stacked up would exceed the height of the Eiffel Tower
• Streamlined what was previously a two-year editorial process for safety manual content updates, into real-time edits with a weekly publish cycle
• Workflow analysis and development using both SharePoint and Nintex Workflow
• The project resulted in a Nintex Award and Case Study
Project: British Columbia Legislative Assembly www.leg.bc.ca / SharePoint 2010 to 2013 Upgrade
• Planned & implemented SharePoint version upgrade & new developments for BC’s Parliament
• Managed complex enterprise content migration end-to-end
• Developed custom branding & navigation systems
• Devised high-security SharePoint architecture concept for individual political parties (Liberal, NDP, Independents) Web Applications to ensure privacy and increase adoption confidence
Project: VARD www.vard.com/ Office 365 Engineering Document Transmission Tool
• Developed desktop Windows Forms solution for one of the world’s biggest shipbuilding firms, for transmitting essential AutoCAD and other Engineering documents to vendors and clients, via Office 365 & SharePoint Online
• Leveraged SharePoint Online, document sets, content types, and workflows to streamline complex engineering document transmissions
• Reduced risk by creating complete logging & analytics which confirmed document transmission as milestones in regards to contractual obligations
Project: SharePoint On-Premise to Office 365 Migration, Public Office365 Website Development, Grievance Workflow Development Technologies: SharePoint Online, Office 365, SharePoint 2013Workflow
• Managed transition of this union shop from in-house SharePoint 2007 servers to an Office 365-enabled cloud intranet
• Created and branded public SharePoint Online website at www.cupe-401.com
• Developed SharePoint 2013 workflow for securely and efficiently processing Union member’s Grievances
Further achievements and accomplishments at itgroove:
-Authored Development Guidelines documentation which standardized the firm’s entire paradigm of development, including naming conventions, best practices, and source control procedures
-Established performance analysis business process for triaging and troubleshooting SharePoint performance issues in an iterative, unambiguous, and cost-effective way
>Created and spearheaded business, technical .NET/open source development, & community management
>Established platform as the first fair-trade approach to selling digital content online
Upgrades & Development specialist serving a range of Microsoft technology stack Clients such as car dealerships, golf courses & engineering firms.
Responsible for the management and development of locally-based SharePoint & .NET projects in partnership with ITI Technologies.
Created enterprise portals using SharePoint & DotNetNuke for clients such as the Western Canada Summer Games.
Spearheaded the creative development of a solid e-commerce platform using Microsoft technologies for a digital image agency, providing a “fair-trade” approach to selling digital content online, at www.flyerstarter.com and www.zymmetrical.com.
Technical lead in web design and systems engineering with Coastline FM LLC, a major facilities management service provider associated with King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).